Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wild and wonderful


When Catherine and Nicholas visited Spokane a couple weeks back, they came bearing gifts. 
Gifts in the form of plant oddities!



A lovely lithops. You may remember how I coveted Catherine's lithops.



And an air plant! A Tillandsia bulbosa, to be precise.


The bulbosa portion of this plant's name comes from this particular section--why, it's the bulb, of course.


Right now, it's green as can be, but when it blooms, the leaves will turn
cherry red and have lavender flowers. Most excellent!



I've decided it will live beneath this bell jar--between its weekly waterings, I mean.


And I'm particularly fond of its graspy, reachy, I'm-going-to-get-you feel.
Perhaps best illustrated in the following picture.


Uh-oh. This looks like something that would happily creep onto your face while
you're sleeping. Mayhap to steal your dreams? One can never tell when
dealing with plant oddities. They're a fickle bunch.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for bringing us relaxation, your site is wonderful, I am on it every day and I do not see the end of it because there are so many new features.
    Thank you for giving us so much happiness!

    voyance directe rapide

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...