Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Strike a match


My boss, Lori, clued me into this project. It's so incredibly easy. All you need are matchboxes, paper, and glue. Check out the matchbox Lori gave me. Cool, right? I don't have Lori's patience for making things pretty, but mine are still cute.  

I started with wrapping paper, but really any paper that strikes your fancy will work. 


Lay out the matchbox on the paper. 


You can measure and cut to size, or you can leave a little edge and trim it after the gluing. 


Apply some glue. Stick on the paper. 


Smooth out all the wrinkles and let dry before you start trimming. 


Then just run your x-acto knife along the edge.


It's pretty easy to see where to cut. 


And that's it! You'll be finished in two shakes. 


All that's left is to light it up!



3 comments:

  1. I thank you very much for all your proposals on this site. Your shares are very interesting and very rewarding. Congratulations.

    Voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your intriguing blog post about striking a match, and it brought back memories of simpler times. It's amazing how the smallest things can evoke nostalgia.
    Lululemon Birthday Discount Code

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say thank you for your insightful blog entries. With every read, they force me to reflect and gain knowledge.vickie lynn swayze

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...