Sunday, October 16, 2011

Grow House Grow!

I came back from California and promptly got sick. If my calculations are correct, and I like to think they are, it was the airplane ride that did me in. So, after spending three illness-induced zombified days at work, I'm hoping a couple days of eating homemade tomato soup, watching movies based on comic books, and petting warm lap kitties will set me to rights once again. Another part of my prescription for getting over a stupid, stupid cold is to look at plenty of beautiful things. 

Like these patterned paper treasures from Katie Deedy of Grow House Grow!

Chocin in hibiscus

Katie is featured in the November issue of O: The Oprah Magazine, and her paper has been sold through Anthropologie and displayed in the windows of Saks Fifth Avenue. I love this wallpaper not just for the swell design sensibility (and the fact that it makes me want to use the word hearken), but also for the intriguing stories behind each of Katie's  designs. She finds the perfect blend of history, science, mystery, adventure, and magic. Read one of her stories here. But watch out: you might fall head over heels for Katie's paper lovelies and end up adorning every flat surface in your home. One can only dream...

Cattle Kate in sterling

Ms. Treat in teaberry


Captain Smith in promenade

Now if you'll excuse me, I just realized that I have two weeks worth of Project Runway to catch up on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...