Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cat cottage!!!!


Peanut has been extra bad lately. She's been going crazy like whoa all the time, so I thought I would give her yet another interactive piece of furniture to play with...

Evidence of recent episodes.

This was a really easy project to do because the basic cat house is super simple. You can decorate it as much or as little as you want (but you should go all out...duh). I got my initial inspiration from Chez Larsson which if you don't read, you should because everything is oh-so-crisp and glorious in her home.

Recipe for Cat Cottage:

2 similar sized cardboard boxes
1 hole in the top of one box and the bottom of the other (cat-sized hole...and make sure they line up)
Construct a roof out of leftover cardboard pieces.
Cut out a door and some windows (I used a box cutter but please be careful, they're very sharp).
Decorate as you see fit--I painted the outside of mine with some leftover very, very light green paint. 

My supplies

I used sister Monika's crafty idea from last Christmas. Now Peanut and Genevieve have matching cottages! I mean what's not to love? It's glorious and I really don't mind saying that. I want to play in this house--strike that, live in this house! The best part is that you can't really mess up...if you do it just looks more whimsical!


Go ahead. Go on. Take a closer look already!


Each side is different. And Peanut approves!







Genevieve isn't so sure. She's more into books.

But Peanut is in love <3

4 comments:

  1. That last photo makes it look like Peanut has a tiara on! So cute! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, The house is fun, but the fact that the cats seem to like it makes it fantastic. Are there floors inside? How are they getting up to the attic? Did you paint the interior?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Tana! There's a ground and second floor, and my sister cut a little trap door between the two. She didn't paint the inside, but she is going to put some leftover carpet down. It's pretty fancy stuff, so I'm glad her cats aren't total ingrates.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...