Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Peanut & Purls...and Curtains!



 This should be a shock to no one, but the Nicolai sisters have a very creative (read paranoid) imagination. I mean there isn't a murder, alien abduction, or con that we don't already think is happened/ing to us. That being said, I am surprised I lasted a full 2 weeks at my new home without putting up curtains of any kind because let's be honest, when the lights are on, people can see in and you can't really see out.
I mean, except for that one night that there was a dance party. Of course, of course I didn't hangout in the living room with the lights on and twerk or anything (but maybe that dance party really happened). My mom came to the rescue. Between the two of us, we sewed four full-length curtains. Cue our mad pioneer skills!


Real talk: curtains are expensive. It's ridiculous how much stores charge you for hemmed fabric. Our solution was go to JoAnn's and buy some curtain liner (which is thicker than a lot of the curtains you will buy in the store). I purchased enough to make the four panels and had some to spare. My total cost was about $42 with a coupon.

Sewing curtains is made up of a series of folding, ironing, sewing, and repeating. It's not hard, but it sort of time consuming.


As per the usual, Peanut was on-hand to help me with each step. Here she is in all of her turkey-posing glory!


The finished product! While this isn't the most glamorous project, I can now do exciting things like watch Game of Thrones, knit, or read a book in the living room at night with a light on!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Swayam India

    ReplyDelete



  2. It’s very good blog! For sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing!Mattress Protector

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...