Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Brief Musical Interlude: Jordan Schlansky


Since my "Book Report" post this week was pretty heavy on the music, I decided I'd revisit my one true YouTube love: Jordan Schlansky from Conan. Jordan made his Conan debut during the 2008 writer's strike, and his dead seriousness, unflappable demeanor, and primo semi-robotic diction captured my heart instantly.

At the end of August, Catherine wrote a post dedicated to her Top 5 Conan Clips. Believe me, all of them are winners, but for me, there's no greater YouTube delight than watching Conan and Jordan interact.

Jordan's dedication to such causes as wine, artisanal desk food, the band Rush, and his red Vespa, coupled with the fact that he corrected Conan on his usage of biscotti when referring to a single biscotto, all make me a huge Schlansky fan. Or, as I like to call myself, Schlan fan.

While I would love to come to your house and spread the good word of Schlansky (that's what I did to Catherine and she, in turn, spread it to Monika), I'm going to ask that you watch, listen, and believe on your own. Just go to YouTube and type in Jordan Schlansky: watch everything that comes up.

P.S. Don't forget to prepare your body in various ways! (That will only make sense if you watch the video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...